This is not really a recipe, rather a template for endless combinations. Listed below is how I prefer this bowl for Fall/Winter.
- 1/2 cup quinoa dry
- splash of almond or coconut milk
- spices, to taste (I used cinnamon and nutmeg; pumpkin pie spice would also be lovely in Fall, and lemon zest great for Spring)
- 2 Tbsp raisins, or any dried fruit
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, or any nut
- 1-2 Tbsp of shredded coconut
- sweetener, if desired
- Cook quinoa according to package, add the spices too and sweetener if using. Try half water, half milk, or all milk for extra creaminess
- Once cook time is up, fluff with fork and add raisins and cover pot with lid to allow moisture to plump up dried fruit. Let stand 5 minutes
- Add almonds, coconut and splash milk of choice to blend toppings together.
Would love to hear/see your creations. Message me on Twitter or post @oncalliesplate on Instagram.