Sweet, Shelling, Snap… Peas are in season! The smell of them make me nostalgic for my Grandmother’s garden.
When I was young, I had all the time in the world to shell pod after pod to get my fill, but now that I’m a grown up, with many jobs and responsibilities (blah!) snap peas are my favorite because I can eat them shell and all! Besides eating fresh dipped in hummus, a quick stir fry is all they need to make a side dish for dinner. Here are three simple and easy ways:
Simple and Fresh
lemon juice and/or zest
fresh herbs (dill or mint are best)
coconut flakes (sweetened or unsweetened, depending on your taste)
lime juice and/or zest
ginger, soy sauce and red pepper flakes
- For every pound of snap peas, use 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Heat in a large non-stick skillet on medium/high.
- Add peas stirring often until pods are crips, yet tender (about 4-5 mintues.)
- Sprinkle spices and toppings to taste.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.